2020- TEST DATES!
6th/7th Grades (PSAT 8/9)- Weds. 10/28/2020
8th-11th Grades (PSAT/MNSQT)- Weds. 10/14/2020
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC).
It’s a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT®. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs
and gain access to college and career planning tools.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures:
- Critical reading skills
- Math problem-solving skills
- Writing skills
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
- Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice.
- See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college.
- Enter the competition for scholarships from NMSC (grade 11).
- Help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact directions you will see on the SAT.
- Receive information from colleges when you check “yes” to Student Search Service.
Eman Schools students took their first PSAT test in October 2010 and scored VERY Well.
Alhamdulilah, Collegeboard has recommended that many of our students are HIGHLY qualified for MANY AP classes based on their scores this year as 8th-10th graders!
**PSAT testing is done onsite for Eman Schools students ONLY. Students who are NOT currently enrolled at Eman Schools and had registered for the exam, will have their monies refunded and will need to seek an alternate school for their PSAT testing.